Radiant Organic Maple Syrup is extracted from the sweet sap of maple tree (Grade A medium - mild maple flavour). By Organic Standards, the trees are not over tapped to keep the tree in better health. The maple saps are stored in stainless steel drums and formaldehyde or other chemicals are prohibited in the processing. It is pure maple syrup. No corn syrup added. It has a distinctive and robust flavor great for cooking, glazing and adds to oats, pancakes and waffles.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas:
1) Maple syrup, used in place of table sugar as a sweeterner, gives tea and coffee a unique taste.
2) Pour some maple syrup on oatmeal topped with walnuts and raisins.
3) Add maple syrup and cinnamon to pureed cooked sweet potatoes.
4) Combine maple syrup with orange juice and tamari and use as a marinade for baked tofu or tempeh.
5) Spread peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat toast, top with sliced bananas and then drizzle maple syrup on top for sweet, gooey treat.